
And then I bought some strawberries. And then I had to make something and coerce others to eat it. Below is the very tasty strawberry-rhubarb slump I made tonight.

The weather was gorgeous this weekend, and my study buddy and I hit up a few tag (err, "garage") sales for study breaks. I think I had a Mom-type score:

Tom became "Tom the Wonderful" for many reasons, but one of which was my first Christmas gift, my very own Corningware tea kettle that he procured off of eBay, just like the one my parents used growing up:

As I have come to learn, these kettles, especially the ones with the blue cornflower motif, can incite some intense bidding wars. I lost out on four kettles before winning one for my parents. Anyhow, the pattern above with the chickens may not be as desirable as the blue cornflower, but I'd say I did pretty well for my $1.50. At least now I have an "heir and a spare."
'Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment