Sunday, September 07, 2008

My Sunday routine is really precious. Wake up when I want (anywhere from 8:30 to 10 - living alone and without kids is the best), make some coffee and read the Vows section of the Paper of Record. Today's featured wedding was adorable, complete with a taco truck and miniature donkeys ("donks," as they are affectionately called and which Tom thinks the Blog Sidekick would be all over). This wedding is definitely the spirit I'm going for - personal, irreverent, and fun.

I just erased a much longer post about the palpable differences between LA and NYC, but I've had a bit too much wine following a pleasant dinner party of lasagna, salad, and panna cotta with raspberry peach syrup. And this LA-NYC thing was really important to me, and not something I can express other than to say that I'd much rather create art than sell it. And that's the New Yorker in me. I wish for all of you, dear readers, this sense of lazy satisfaction as you fall asleep. Tomorrow brings me patients (and patience)...

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
--From "She Walks in Beauty," by Lord Byron

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had me at "taco truck".