Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's been a madhouse here at La Maison de la Medecin Whimsy in preparation for Future-doctor Whimsy's (a.k.a Tom) arrival tomorrow. Pictures have been hung and re-hung, mistakes patched and painted, pies baked. (Yes, I am baking my own birthday pie. Okay, assembling/freezing it since I'm trying out a Grasshopper Pie recipe from America's Best Lost Recipes.) All of this activity deterred me from actually observing an orthopedic surgery, but that's okay because last night's fractures weren't all that interesting and, in spite of the millions of dollars of student loan interest I am paying for this education, I think I'll have another opportunity to watch a bone fixation in my life.


Okay, so this post had a message. I must share with you two new discoveries. First, there's an amazing website I just found, I Do-It Yourself, that has opened up a whole new world for my invitation designing skills (or lack thereof). Secondly, I am totally psyched about the above project featured on Once Wed. I love pomander balls, but my budget doesn't love ones made out of fresh flowers. Rumors are that you can make these out of the Martha Stewart tissue paper pom poms, but to my mind, these new ones look far easier and cheaper (about $5 a piece). I would use these in place of the pinwheels to decorate the Church aisles. Whaddya all think? Wanna help?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to make pinwheels... Oh well, you know I'll make whatever you want.

Anonymous said...

Dude...I can't make a crane out of origami paper.

Anonymous said...

I want the pinwheels