Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In the time I've been absent from this blog, my parents were successfully introduced to Tom's parents, my car was hit by a "phantom vehicle" somewhere between NYC and where I live, and my computer cord died (hence the lack of blogging). Not a whole lot, really, but can I just repeat. Our parents successfully met after 4 years of dating! Woo hoo!

Spring is starting up here, and I am perpetually tickled each time it arrives. To be honest, I don't think I had experienced spring before moving here. And it's funny, as I was getting-things-done today, as it were, Pearl Jam's "Ten" came on the radio and I was reminded about what a perfect album that was.

Home to look up recipes for Anat's birthday party on Friday (Happy Birthday! Today's your birthday!), and I am so, so, so pumped to bake the cake I found. I just love matching cakes to people, rather than making generic recipes.

And the day ended with the perfect dinner: Asian chicken salad from here (seriously, the most perfect recipe for a pot luck because I am convinced that sesame oil makes everything more delicious), and blood orange soda with a splash of Pimms No. 1. To be continued after my standing 30 Day Shred appointment with a dish of coffee ice cream.

1 comment:

anat said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm super excited about the cake!