
This project comes courtesy of Provo Craft. When Tom and I were in Hawaii for my brother's wedding, we almost bought some vintage Hawaii-themed advertisements to hang in our future bathroom. (I have no idea why we picked that room...) This one is beautiful, and looks surprisingly easy to make.

I've been thinking a bit about how cold October can be, and what kind of a jacket I might want for the trip between the church and the Metropolitan Building. The jacket on the right is $425 from J. Crew. The jacket on the left was made using this $30 jacket (on sale) from Old Navy and a few yards of silk charmeuse. You can find directions for this project here. I really don't understand the directions for making the flowers, but how cool is that?
I found the previous two projects from Daily DIY. It's an amazing site for crafting inspiration.

This "snow" garlandmmade out of 1" circular labels and dental floss, rocks. I think I'll rig one up after my six hours (!) of shelf exams on Monday night. I have a huge bank of windows in my apartment, and I think the effect will be pretty cool. From Craftstylish.

How awesome are these firefly booties? Almost as cool as the firefly in a jar project.

I'm currently knitting this hat for Ava. Hopefully mine will turn out. I found this pattern here.

And finally, my new iPod Touch has changed my life. I am just beginning to learn the whole "Apps" concepts, and have already downloaded the Epocrates program to help me keep track of drugs and their side effects and interactions. It's hard to keep things pristine in your white coat with the number of instruments you have to carry in your pockets (see an earlier post here about the Great White Coat of Curses), so I bought some fabric remnants from a chain fabric store (who shall remain nameless) for $1, and I'm going to hand sew this. Pattern found here.
2 comments:
The iPod touch is a fascinating piece of machinery.
that hat is so adorable!
Post a Comment