Saturday, April 26, 2008

Couture Gowns

If my budget had a floor instead of a ceiling, I would wear one of these gowns:





The first three are from Claire Pettibone, and the very first is my all-time, most favorite-ist, most loved gown. The back is obscene. I need to speak with someone about getting this dress.



These next three are from Jenny Packham. I am obsessed with her hemlines. (And yes, as much as I hate birds, the middle dress is just so fabulously weird.)



The dress on the left is my first second favorite dress. It is also from Jenny Packham. The dress on the right is from Carolina Herrera. Both images are from the incomparable Ms. Martha Stewart. I love the Deco shine of the first dress - a true party dress! - and the architectural nature of the second, which would be to die for at an Asia Society wedding. I also love the model's make-up, because I think my coloring is fairly similar. The red lips are brilliant, sweet rather than vampish, and they register so well in these pictures.



The spangly Art Deco detailing in this dress is amazing, too, but a little too "couture" for my tastes. This dress, and the final two following, are by way of Pronovias.



I think the long, lace sleeves are an awesome idea for an October wedding. The scary rabbit, on the other hand, is not. This will be no shotgun wedding, trust.



This is my second second favorite dress, perhaps because my beautiful best friend (and blog sidekick) wore a Pronovias at her wedding. Also, I think the model is totally rocking the ponytail.

No comments: