
Say it with me, as if you were sticking your tongue out at the last kid picked in gym class. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. My wedding pie idea has now been co-opted in the most recent issue of the knot magazine as part of their "trend alert." Okay, so maybe this wasn't exactly "my idea" or original, and I know there have been a few writers lately (especially in The New Yorker) who have been writing about spontaneous simultaneous discovery, but it's frustrating when something that has so much meaning to you (my family's pies) becomes a trend. Photo courtesy of Lyndsey Hamilton Events new blog, and we're moving on...
Oncewed (where you can buy pre-owned wedding dresses, and yes, I've already found a few I dream about) had two right-on posts, the first about the amazing Carolina Herrera wedding dress from the Martha Stewart Weddings Summer 2008 issue (and yes, the bride was a class or two below me in "Boston" and yes, I did actually spend some time looking for this dress last week - trendy again!). It really is a beautiful dress.
The second post is about a wedding held at an apple orchard and is perfect inspiration.
I have this thing for mason jars lately, and I think some of it is because of this blue Ball jar Tom and I picked up on our way to Bloomington, IN.
I'll spare the details of the story, but I've always thought mason jars would be neat at the wedding, especially since Ball jars are made in Indiana (and Buffalo). Anyway, I saw this wedding today and thought this was a great, affordable centerpiece idea.

And finally, from Preston Bailey who's blog is great for inspiration, this neat "tabletop garden" idea. I think it would be an amazing statement at the entrance to our venue.
3 comments:
...and we missed you too!! I have tried reading other blogs, but they have left me feeling cold, dejected, and meaningless. Welcome back Dr. Whimsy!!
Dude, beautiful dress!
Dr. Whimsy:
We have missed you too, just like the Tom. WELCOME BACK...Can't wait for more information about the wedding....Lynne & Gary
Post a Comment