Tuesday, February 26, 2008

For my Blog Sidekick - Color Palettes

Wow...I've been posting a lot since I resurrected this blog. I'd like to talk more about medicine, but there's just so much to say...Anyhow, on to the frivolous.

I adore orange and yellow. Tom loves blue. Put them together and you have a bright, fresh color palette. The goal is to move away from "Swedish country home" and veer more towards fall foliage on a blue-skyed October day. The following images come from a neat California wedding planner, Amorology. (And obviously, the wedding these come from was stunning.)







But lately, I've become drawn to the idea of maroon and gray, kind of like a certain someone's high school colors. Kicking it old school, based on this recent photo of Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johanson The scheme is a bit wintery, but maybe I just like looking at Natalie and ScarJo....





The above design board is a bit fancy for my tastes, but I love, love, love the sack-like bridesmaid dress. I think gray would be such a neat color for the attendants. Some more options below...



Above pictures are from Perfect Bound.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I feel special. I love the blue and orange wedding--you even will have your own, impossibly cute, blond flower girl. As for Nat and ScarJo...they are impossibly pretty, so I, too, have trouble tearing my eyes away from my jealous stare. I like the maroon and gray! I suppose I should stop posting and get ready for work, now.

Jonina said...

I like sunny colors for a sunny autumn wedding. Wit and air air important---flights of fancy a must.