Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Welcome to the Jungle

...or Dark Side, that is. I've done it, I've caved, I've given in. I'm 90% sure it will be David's Bridal for my ladies. Dear Blog Sidekick, please forgive me. I remember oh so clearly that night we laughed so hard we cried a river over the shoddy construction of your DB bridesmaid dress for the wedding that never was. But times have changed, and three notable things have factored into my decision:

1) Coordinating bridesmaid dresses for 4 women who live in 4 different cities is difficult and hard and unfair to the ones you love if you are not going through a national chain
2) The price point is oh-so-right (under $150!)
3) DB's Goliath business strategy appears to have changed to take on the J.Crew David.

Just check out how neat some of these silhouettes are, and they come in a range of colors, styles, sizes, and with fun details like the peekaboo skirt. (Yay, peekaboo skirts!) Now, about that color scheme...








$135! (Guess what, Anat, you can wear it again!)


$105! (Love me some peekaboo skirt but, ewww, pink!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's cool, dude. That dress got good use, I'm sure, once donated to the Mt. Sinai adolescent psych ward.
And hey, they're opening a DB in Manhattan! I saw the outside on Third Avenue.

In all seriousness, your selections are very pretty. Sorry for the levity above, but the new Scrubs episode just made me cry.

Anonymous said...

dude, if "fern" is one of your colors I will happily wear that dress again, but please don't make me buy two identical DB dresses in different colors! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the dark side. I got my dress and DB and it is perfect :) ANd their maids choices have really progressed in the last few seasons. Much cleaner silhouettes!